Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Halloween Ideas!

I have been thinking about my little girl's Halloween costume for months now, and with a party to go to on Saturday, I still don't have one! My biggest problem is that I want something unique. Either I want to buy one that is really awesome, or I want to make one that is really awesome. The other problem I have is that she is still crawling, and it's hard to find a cute costume that a baby can crawl in. Especially when she is the age (and size) she is now. She's wearing 18 month clothes, and that size is normally for babies who are walking. So... I think what I will do is try and make this one! In pink of course. Or purple.


Dragon

Do-It-Yourself
* Cut green sponges into triangles and stitch or glue them down the center of a pilot's cap.
* Attach more triangles down the back of a matching bodysuit.



I might use a matching set of sweatpants and hooded sweatshirt though because I can't find anywhere that sells the pilot caps, and it's too late to order one. It should turn out just as cute I think. And warmer even. And if your little one will be crawling around outside (as I know mine will be), the sweatsuit will probably hold up much better too.

I also really like this costume because it looks easy to crawl in. Or walk in. I'm also sure, but not positive, that she could even sit in it just fine because the sponges will be squishy enough that they won't be in the way. AND it doesn't have parts that she could easily take off, like some other costumes. 

I plan on attaching the sponges to a ribbon before attaching them to the clothing just to give it a little extra hold, and also to create the tail. I'll let you know how it turns out!




Here's another costume/onesie that I thought is just too cute. I'm posting a link with this one for instructions. It's a little more time consuming than the dragon, but still easy enough. It would only work if you were planning to be indoors though, of course.


Mummy!









Also, I found these cute, easy to print out, fun Halloween crafty decorations that I wanted to share with you! Here's the link.


Printables
















Well I hope I've helped you get some ideas. I am excited about baby's first Halloween! Have a safe weekend and happy Halloween-ing!! 


No comments:

Post a Comment